Sunday, January 21, 2018

Water, Water, Everywhere

                                          

Water.  Can't live without it.  Can't keep it out of my camper!  If nothing else, water is tenacious...it will find a way to get in if it can.  Even if your camper is tight as can be, there's condensation which magically appears inside. 

This would be ok if your camper where made of all plastic.  But alas, most have large amounts of wood, which doesn't like to be wet.  The problem is all those seams or opening in the roof for vents and such.

The roof vent was leaking when I got my 1959 Arrowhead.  I tried adding more goo to the roof around the vent....sorry waste of time.  Finally I removed the vent and cleaned off all the old junk, applied new putty tape (get a few rolls, you'll need it.)  and screwed it back in place. No more leak.

Now I have a frustrating weeping ceiling panel that I suspect is from the old waterline air vent.  Previous owners have replaced the original air vent with a new PVC line capped inside the camper.
So I plan to get back on the roof and remove the old vent and reseal it. Here's hoping.

Got any leak stories to share?  Add your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment