Monday, December 4, 2017

Camping can be Dangerous

When I was six years old in 1959, our family of 6 went on a cross-country travel trailer adventure from Duluth, MN to the West Coast and back through the Plains. 

Dad pulled our 1959 28' travel trailer with his 1959 Plymouth station wagon, driving across the top of the USA with my Mom riding a very vocal shotgun.

I do remember something about bears and bacon while camping in Yellowstone National Park that summer.  Certainly with posters such as this one hanging about the campsite it left an impression on my youth.

Fortunately none of the sibs were mauled by any DANGEROUS creatures.  There were a lot of squirrels as I recall.  

Now 58 years later I have acquired a 1959 Arrowhead Go-Lite pure "tin can" style camper and intend to relive my youth...well, probably flip this one and continue to have fun recalling all those dangerous times I had while camping in our trailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment